October 4, 2010

ManCat Monday-More Prayers for Perry

Hello everyone--as I type with one claw, Tommy readies Perry for a trip to doctor. Right now he's curled up by Tommy's pillow and I know His Royal Cranky-ness doesn't feel good. In fact, to be honest, friends, Tommy and I both thought Perry wouldn't be here with us this morning.

We had a good weekend. Perry even fought Perry for pizza yesterday afternoon. Then last night, something happened. Tommy doesn't know what (I was sleep under the bed) Perry acted like he couldn't move, and had muscle spasms. Tommy thought stroke, seizures (I don't know what those are, but Tommy is scared)  Tommy held Perry through some of the  night, until he wanted down. I was with them both. I stayed on Tommy's legs so she couldn't move.

This morning, Perry was curled in the kitty bed. Tommy loved on him. He seemed alert and she brought him to her bed. Well, while she was talking to the doctor's office, Perry pulled himself to Tommy's pillow and curled there.He did look at Tommy when she opened the can of treats--but it was empty. Perry seems more like himself than he did last night---but Tommy says Perry's got to go to the doctor.

And I agree.

Please say more prayers.

Noir

***UPDATE***
Hello everyone---Tommy here. It's about 9PM as I write this and my Perry One is on the blankee beside me. He doesn't feel good at all. He's so tire and weak. This is such a change from last night. Oh, friends, I just knew I was going to lose my Perry through the night. About 8pm last night, he couldn't move, and his paws just jerked. I knew each breath would be his last.  At 11:15pm, I put on my sweats, scooped him up and carried him around our back yard. There was a chill in the air, but I didn't care. Perry wanted to get down. So he dragged himself around the yard--so much trouble walking.

When I put him on my shoulder, he felt like brick. I heard a felt purr. I just held him. Talked to him. Told him if he needs to leave, it'll be OK.  While I held him in bed, Noir--who really is a younger Perry stood gaurd. He sniifed Perry, and really didn't leave our side.

Longer story short, the vet took xrays--no tumors, and Perry's heart and lungs were good. Until he took more blood he thought Perry might be diabetic.He's not. Plus Perry's temp was normal.  I told the vet about the antibiotics--that I really think he reacted to it. Because two hours after I gave him some, Perry became imobile and quiet. I heard not a meow--which is unlike him. Perry has a bad bladder infection and overall infection that the vet says we need to get under control. He needs to eat and drink more. Perry got an IV, and some fluids.  I need to drop him off in the morning so he can see him and maybe take the catherter out of his arm....and my Perry One has a read bandage around.

Ahh...Edie is meowing and he just lifted his head. Last night I got about 3 hours of sleep. I wonder if Perry got any. I was so scared last night. He just lie there...So for tonight, I've made up his own little hospital room--which will be where I have the PC.

I have the food by him  and the poo box on the other side of the room--clean and fresh. And the bed he curled in last night, all laundered. Do I admit, I have a little night light in here, so I can peak in at him? I just want him to get some rest with out the others bothering him....and now Perry is meowing. He so wants to get up--he's fighting sleep.  I promised him, when we went out side tonight, I would hold him while I watchced my DVR of  Dancing With the Stars....he liked that..So that's what I'm going to do...

Thank you EVERYONE....I'll keep you posted...

Tommy
xxxooo...
  

41 comments:

The Island Cats said...

We're purring and purraying for Perry and hope it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

We are purraying furry hard for Perry!!! We hope it's nothing serious and please...kepp us posted!!!

Raymond and Busby said...

Purring and praying for Perry here at our house. Hope it's a good trip to the vet. xoxo

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are purring with all our might for Perry. Please let us know what the vet thinks is the matter.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Old Kitty said...

Oh no!! Oh dear beautiful Perry! Me and Charlie are in shock at this news - my goodness Perry please be better, please hang on in there and return home better!! We are sending you tons and tons of purrs and healing hugs!!

Please keep us updated - we're so worried cos it just doesn't sound good! Take care
x

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are purring very loud for Perry. We are sending head bumps to the whole family!

Kea said...

We are purring hard and crossing all our paws for Perry! Please update us when you can!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We hope that Perry will be okay. Purrs to him!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

We are sending our very loudest purrSSSSS!!!!

Everycat said...

Sending the large sized rumbly purrs over the ocean to Perry (and of course to Tommy too) We hope that Perry is ok and we'll look out for updates.

Whicky Wuudler

The Florida Furkids said...

We're purring for Perry.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, come on, cranky Perry, you've got to be all right. We're sending lots of purrs and tail wags for you.

Katnip Lounge said...

We're sending huge purrs for Perry, and for Tommy, too. Perry, we lubs you...please get well!

Cat said...

That sounds like a real scare last night! I'm glad to hear that things have improved a bit today and hoping the vet will uncover what happened and help Perry to be better!!!

Maggie May said...

Oh no! We are purraying very very hard for Perry! We hope to get a good update on him soon!
XOXO
The Creek Cats and Maggie May

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We'z purring hard!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh I hate to hear that, my sisters and I will purr as best we can for sweet Perry.

SuziQCat said...

Sending purrs to Perry today...hope they can find out what is making him feel bad.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Noir, we came over from the CB to send purrs and prayers for Perry. We hope he will be ok and that the vet visit will go well!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We are sending purrs for Perry.

purrin
xo
Abby

Parker said...

Sending healing purrs to Perry!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Healing purrs and vibes fer Perry!

Molly
Shadow
Trooder

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are sending lots of purrs to Perry.

Kat's Kats said...

Purrs & Prayers from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Kitty Horde & their Feeders

The Lee County Clowder said...

Sending purrrss and purrrayers to Perry and Tommy.

Lisa Kolosey said...

I pray Perry is okay. I've been there more than once...give us an update when you can.
~Lisa Co9T

Sparkle said...

Please do keep us posted. I am purring lots and lots for Perry!

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Perry and Tommy we hope they figure out what is causing the problem and you are all better very soon!! Purrrrrrs and Mom Hugs!!

cats of wildcat woods said...

Sending lots of purrs and loving light to Perry.

Sultan said...

Sending healing vibes to the small feline.

Samantha & Mom said...

We are purrring and parying for Perry to feel all better!!!
((((((HUGSSSSSS)))))))) from your TX furiends,

Everycat said...

Just read the update and we are pleased that the X Rays show nothing bad. UTIs can really get out of hand quickly and with Perry having a reaction to the antibiotic, it's no wonder the poor lad has been feeling so rough. We're glad that the vet is onto it and hope they can get Perry feeling much better very soon
Love and rumbly purrs to you all!

Whicky Wuudler

Marg said...

Gosh, poor Perry. We sure hope that he gets better soon. We are sending lots and lots of purrs and prayers too. Hugs to Tommy and we have great hope for Perry. Take care

The Florida Furkids said...

Thanks for the update! We hope Perry starts feeling better soon. We know how hard it is to have a sick furbaby.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

The Island Cats said...

We continue to purr for Perry!! We wonder if it isn't the infection and the medication that's affecting him. We hope he will be okay.

Nina Torbie said...

Oh Tommy, we know how hard it is when a furkid is sick and there doesn't seem to be anything we can do. Perry knows how much you love him - that's the best thing of all. We hope the vet can make him all better. Purrs for all of you,
Victor & Nina

catsynth said...

Sending healing thoughts and purrs for Perry. We hope he pulls through!

Team Tabby said...

The five of us are purring for Perry. We hope he gets better very soon.

Mindy, Moe, BonBon, Cookie & Mike

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We are adding our purrs for Perry! Keep fighting Perry!!!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We have 5 of us here purring for you Perry...well, seven because even the human are purring. Please get well soon.

Noir the Texas Tabby said...

My family and I want to than EVERYBODY for your purrs and prayers...It means the world to us.

I need to go and curl with Tommy. The house won't be the same.

Noir